Are you looking for a place to call your own high in the cool Catskill
mountains, away from the City and Indian Nuclear Point, with three acres
where you could grow your own food with raised garden beds, have some
chickens, rabbits, etc, along with really fresh well water, with much wood
for wood stove heating, and close by The Point of Infinity Retreat Center,
where like-minded "spiritual" folk attempt to give each other mutual support
to live a sustainable life style?
The, what follows MIGHT be for you.
Two 3-Acre Parcels for Sale
1. The Point of Infinity Retreat Center comprises about 38 acres of
with many structures, including the main house, 2 log cabins, a
dome, a dormitory-style housing building, 2 seasonal bathhouses,
a 40 foot RV,
an outdoor pavilion, along with many hiking paths on top of a
2. A subdivision could create two 3-acre lots with the remaining 32
acres for the Center.
3. To accomplish this and have marketable parcels, two people would be
to purchase one lot apiece, for about $30,000 each.
4. Each potential owner would offer a "down payment" of about $7,500,
with intent to purchase lot.
With this money a survey and hopefully, a subdivision would
(If no approval is forthcoming, the "down payment" is fully
(These site plans would include site designs for a house, well,
sceptic, and driveway).
5. With #4 approved, a mortgage would be drawn up for the remainder of
the sale price,
namely, $22,500, with 3% interest, over two years; or, paid in
6. The "vacant land tax" would be approximately $350-400/year. Once
are made, eg., house (whether a regular one, dome, yert, log
cordwood,etc.), well, sceptic, driveway, etc., then the taxes
would be higher.
7. See the 38 Acre Map of The Point of Infinity Retreat Center, along
with the two
3-acre parcel locations.
8. If interested, call Ken Pollinger at 845-358-6448; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
to arrange a day visit or a sleep over.