The Urantia Book
Founder of NAU & IEC Director
"The Urantia Book:
When one first browses The Urantia Book one is
totally overwhelmed because of its size (over 2,000 Bible-thin
pages) and especially with the first part, 14 chapters on the Godhead with more
on The Central and Super-universes.
So...for those of you who may want to attack
this book--which probably provides the best overall theoretical framework within
which to fit all the data from all the other books---I'd like to recommend at
least eight different starting points:
1) For a sampler---a first taste---try pages
821-854, all about Adam & Eve ( a very popular story!)
2) For the scientific/historical student, start at Part III, The History of
Urantia, then Part IV, The Life and Teachings of Jesus. Finally, parts I and II.
3) For the theological/cosmological/philosophical student, start right at the
beginning & proceed to the end.
4) For the Jesus-oriented student, start with Part IV, the Life and Teachings of
Jesus, & figure out the rest.
5) For the shamanistic-oriented student, try pages 986-1002.
6) For those of you who wonder about the origin of "The Order of
Melchizedek," see pagess 1014-1026.
7) For Eastern spirituality oriented folks, begin at pp. 1027
(Vedic, Brahmanism, Hindu, Lao Tse, Confucius, Buddhism).
8) And who is Yahweh? See pp. 1052-1076.
The point is, start someplace---that
place that is easiest and most appealing to you---and don't let the size or
content overwhelm you!
Another consideration is to see The
Urantia Book in light of the "Big Picture Perspective."
A) Once can read The Urantia Book
FIRST in order to get an overview of the Big Picture---most folks probably
wouldn't take this approach because of the overwhelming nature of the book.
B) Read The Urantia Book AFTERWARDS...that is, first follow the
suggested "Big Picture Perspective/Study Group" outline.
The Big Picture Perspective/Study Group
1) Zecharia Sitchin: The 12th Planet; Wars of Gods and Men; Lost Realms.
---challenges the Old Testament and New Testament theology (Breaking the
Godspell; the Judeo-Christian & Islamic concept of God.)
---examines the Sumerian civilization (clay tablets) and possible
---talks about the origin of the Earth and Man.
2) Lawrence Gardner: The Genesis of The Grail
Kings; The Bloodline of the Holy Grail.
---traces the Sumerians and Hebrews through Egyptian history.
---interesting information on the origins of Christianity
---discusses the Pauline Roman Catholic Church vs. The Jesus Message of
Service and the underground secret societies preserving the 'true' message.
3) Jim Marrs: Rule by Secrecy.
---demonstrates how the Global Power Elite, through secret societies and the
Pauline Roman Church gained control and still maintains the ultimate world
4) The Urantia Book
---offers a unified theory or overall framework within which to
understand the preceding and other books dealing with these issues; offers a new
interpretation of just who Adam & Eve & Jesus are----the ultimate mind-
Good luck in forming a local Big Picture
Perspective Study Group!
NAU Course Listing]
I.E.C. Home Page]
[Back to New Age University]